Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Genre and Why

 My partner and I decided on the genre of our project which will be horror. Despite the difficulty, I'm glad we landed in horror. I had faced some difficulty because I really wasn't sure what I could do with only a two minute video. But then I remembered the 1996 film “Scream” and how the opening was subtle but scary. So, I thought horror! Mentioned it to my partner and now I believe we’re going to be doing the genre.

You might be thinking, why horror? The reason I first thought of horror is because personally I believe horror is about simplicity. Some things as simple as staying home alone can be scary. Now I’m not sure exactly what the film opening can be just yet. But I want to be as simple and intense as the “Scream” opening. So, I want our opening to have just the right amount as intensity as it needs which I believe is what a good film opening has anyways. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Last blog

This opening focuses on an older man who throughout the opening the viewer finds out he’s not mentally well who dealing with the death of hi...